Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cancer

The discovery of cancer sucks at anytime but when it's an emergency it's even worse. I thought I had the stomach flu, nothing stayed down, not a sip of water. Off to the ER we go. X-rays and cat scan later they send me home. 12 hours later it's back to the ER. Pain much worse, still vomiting, can't move. Another x-ray and cat scan with contrast. I have a tumor blocking my bowel. This leads to emergency surgery on Sunday morning. 3 days in ICU and 3 more days in the hospital. Tumor is cancerous. I have an iliostomy (?), not a lot of fun. I've started chemo, 2 down 10 more to go. I am only doing it for my 3 grandchildren. I want to see them grow up. I want more grandchildren.
Chemo causes serious fatigue and nausea. I am still not totally healed inside from the surgery. The cut me from stem to stern. I am unable to do much. Laundry is difficult, can't clean (hubby hired someone), can't cook. Nothing sounds good to eat and I'm not very hungry. I have a larger pharmacy in my room than most drug stores. I'm wasting the beautiful spring weather being inside sleeping. I'm bored with everything else but riding in the car is out of the question. Right now I pretty much hate my life, I should be healthy in about a year. Then a surgery to put me back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment