Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2011 is a wash

It has been a difficult year to say the least. Chemo every 2 weeks for 6 months. Reconstruction surgery and then surgery to clean an infection that developed in my abdomen. I haven't seen as much of my grandchildren as I would like, and I miss them all so very much. No telling what words of wisdom I'm missing from Miss E., Bubba doesn't really have much to say to me these days. That will change again as he gets a little older. Big D comes to visit the other day. Jumps out of his Daddy's truck, yells Mimi and immediately runs to hug the dog....He is being a typical 6 yr old. As he is leaving he says "I love you Mimi and Pepaw, even if you are old". How can you not love him?
I am hoping to visit Miss E. and Bubba very soon. I want to play with the kids. I want to read and sing and talk with them. Bubba has the most interesting ideas sometimes. I wish I had that kids vision.
I'm waiting patiently for 2012, I'm putting 2011 behind me and pretending it didn't even happen. Andrew should be home in Feb. or Mar. and the whole family will be in the States again. I would love to see a big family reunion. Dad, me, our kids and their spouses and most especially the grandbabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment