Friday, July 3, 2009

Green and other things

D comes into my room earlier and says Mimi, I'm sorry I broke your green thing. I had no idea what he was talking about. He said, I said sorry ok? I still didn't know what green thing he had in mind. I go into the kitchen and on the table in 3 pieces is I's green bug with the yellow legs. I told him that's ok. He didn't mean to. And it is a toy. It's kind of special to me. For I's 1st birthday we ordered kinder eggs (from Germany). They were rather expensive but nothing was to much for our 1st grandchilds 1st birthday. These kinder eggs are chocolate with a toy inside. The toys inside are interesting and nothing like a crackerjack prize. One of the toys was this green bug with suction feet. He has lived over our stove for many years now. I'm breaking out the super glue!

D is trying so hard to be a good boy. He has a hard time remembering all the rules. I'm sure he has so many to remember both here and at his mom's house. He went to the jumping place today! His first time, he had such a lot to tell me about! I had told B about this place before but until he made a call there he didn't realize what it was. He will become a regular I'm sure.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. We will celebrate my father's birthday as well as Krista my little brother's significant other. What does one get for a SO? I'm kind of at a loss. Is a card enough? It seems a little tacky to me. I'm no good at things like this. I suppose I'll think of something. I hate gift giving. Gift certificates seem so impersonal. And what about my dad? When he wants something he goes out and buys it. I'm at a loss for him, as I always am.



1 comment:

  1. How did it go? Did you get them anything? I wouldn't know what to get either. Then again, I've never met Krista, so I'd have gone for a GC.

    ReplyDelete